So fellas, I couldn’t leave you out of this style challenge, so I drafted my hubby, who’s also a music artist to participated. Here’s how we took 9 items and styled them for stage options! Outfit deets below.
Hope Dealer Shirt : Slam Agency
Black Sweater : H&M
Orange flannel: H&M
Velvet Jacket: Gifted
Jean Vest: Target
Jean Jacket: Target
Black Khaki’s: Target
White Jeans: Gap
Dashiki Shirt: Grass Fields
Are you looking for something new to do this summer? Well I’ve got you covered. This weekend my family and I had a date night at Eckert’s Country Farm for their annual Summer Concert Series. This was the first time we’d ever gone, and I can assure you it won’t be the last time. Each weekend during the months of June, July, and August they have a different band with a different style of music. The night we went there was a jazz band, and it was enjoyable for the entire family. Exposing our kids to different types of music at an early age is part of our parenting strategy. We both love music and want them to be able to appreciate its beauty as well. We had such an awesome time, and here’s 5 reasons why you should go too:
1. You’ve probably never gone. This can be a great time to experience something new with friends and family. It’s pretty laid back. All you need is a lawn chair, or you can reserve a table. They are limited however, and they cost, but you get prime seating and chips +salsa — yum! Also, you will hear great music from talented musicians.
2. It’s free! That’s right. It’s free for the whole family. Now that’s what I call an economical date night.
3. The food is really good! You can not bring outside food, but don’t worry, because the food there is really good, reasonably priced, and there are healthy options as well. I had this chicken salad, and it was delicious and filling!
4. There’s an area for kids! When your kids get tired of sitting still, there’s a fun area next to the stage set up just for them. They can run around until they tire themselves out! Mine sure did!
5. Don’t forget about the custard! So we were actually really full and couldn’t fit the custard in. But from the looks of the people that were eating the custard, it seemed like it was really good! Next time we go, we’ll have to try the custard!
The Summer Concert Series is a fun time for everyone. Check the calendar here to enjoy free music and great ambience.
This post was sponsored by Eckert’s Country Farm.
Date: Tuesday January 15, 2012
Time: around 11 am
Place: the Mudd House on Cherokee Street (amazing place I might add! Great food, great prices and beautiful atmosphere) shop local!:)
Videographer: The amazing Jenn Cloud!! Check her out
So it’s late morning and I’m so proud of my love making moves for his forth coming album entitled “The Real Love Project.” Today he’s recording the first promo video for his album. He’s recording an acoustic version of one of the songs from the album called “So Into You” I had the amazing opportunity to style him. Ii call his look “Hipster Meets Kenny”
What he’s wearing
Infinity Scarf: H and M
Pants: H and M
Leopard print glasses: Urban Outifitters
Kenny and I had the pleasure of seeing one of our favorite bands of all time twice in one month. This band is called Gungor. They label their music as liturgical post rock, and even if you don’t know what that means, it in no way hinders connecting to their music. What I find most amaze about them is that everything they do is very intentional and interesting. It’s very rare to find a band where the musicality and the lyrics can stand alone independent of one another but when combined create a most beautiful compliment. Not only is their music thought provoking, spiritual and quirky, but their style is on point as well and you can almost feel the music through their fits (outfits). From the Cellist to the bass player, the drummer, and Michael and Lisa, the leaders they are the complete package.
|Drummer, Terence Garfield a.k.a. our bro!! We love you!
Michael and Lisa Gungor, and their beautiful daughter and Terence Garfield. I am a huge fan of Lisa’s laced dress and colored tights and the fellas look pretty dapper. I’m totally feeling Michael’s Top hat and Terrence’s handkerchief, two great statement pieces.
Me and Kenny with Gungor
This song really means a lot to me and Kenny. I’m sure you will dig it as well!
Another one that we love!!