So I just got back from a Really cool trip from Austin with my husband, Kenny, and baby Shiloh. My husband came down for a work trip and everyone told us how much we would love It there and I didn’t want to miss out, The Shiloh and I tagged along. While my husband worked Shiloh and I hit the town. We went on a not so traditional bus tour. It was called the Austin duck adventures and it actually rounded out it’s tour by diving literally in Lake Austin (pictures below). I also got to visit one of my favorite online store’s brick-and-mortar location, which is Free People. If you know me you know I would probably wear anything in that store. I had a great experience at the location. During the evenings when my husband was free, we went out checking to see all that Austin has to offer. There’s a great Music life here, always things to do, and I love the fashion. However, I’m still looking for the good food. The food that I tasted was mediocre at best. Except for the sweet potato fries. They are masters at those!! Yummmm so good!!!! Aside from the food we had some pretty awesome firsts. We used lyft, uber and rode in a pedicab and I gotta tell you that catching rides from really nice strangers was pretty fun.
While being in Austin, I loved observing the summer fashion. I would describe it as a festival girl meets country. So I’ve put together a list of 5 items you should bring to Austin to wear during the summer.
1. Cowgirl boots of course
2. A mini skirt
3. High waisted jeans or cut offs (aka mom jeans)
4. A cow girl hat
5. A peasant dress
6. Anything floral
So, have you ever been to Austin? What am I missing from my list and what good food joints did I miss? Below are some highlights of my trip! Enjoy!
In the airport
Shiloh did so awesome on the plane and he got his first flying certificate! Thanks Southwest!
One of my fave stores! Free People
I got to tour Austin on land and on water!
Two of the best meals I had in Austin. Salmon and turkey avocado burger! I loved the sweet potato fries!
Awesome boutique I found on 5th street. The designer makes her clothes right in the boutique. There are also some awesome local jewelry designers’ merchandise in the boutique. #handmade
Cool artwork on 6th street
Ok, so if you didn’t know Free People is one of my all time fave retailers. I am truly bohemian, eclectic, funky, etc and I feel as though Free People captures every aspect of my personality. Both the poncho and jumpsuit are from people! You will probably see me rocking this poncho until it gets entirely too cold, but that’s just how much I love it! My booties are from Vogue Footwear. They are called Go Wild and they go perfectly with my outfit. The shimmer detail on the back of the bootie gives it a nice chic twist. Check below to see how you can get 15% off a pair of amazing shoes. Well, I’m off to rock this outfit! Hope you all have a wonderful day
Since we are all soooooooo over summer, I’ve been spending some much needed time day dreaming about fall…and can I tell ya that i’m super excited! It’s been one of my feel good moments of the week. Here’s my top 8 of what I’m excited about for fall!
1. Call me the beanie girl! I have them in every color. Some are thick and some are quilted and I also have turban style beanies. I just love them.
2. I can’t wait until the pumpkin spice syrup returns to Starbucks. There’s just something about the smell and taste of pumpkin that say welcome fall!
3. I absolutely love these boots from Steve Madden. They are originally $170.00, but I found them at Marshalls for $50.00. I love a great deal!
4. The Leather T-shirt. I got mine from the NSale at Nordstrom. That sale was amazing!
5. Soups…..They just make you feel so warm inside and out.
6. Cardigans and Ponchos. I have some really amazing ones this season and I’m stoked to style them:)!
7. Scarves. They are the one piece that can bring your layers together.
8. WATER! Even though it will get cooler, we have to remember to stay hydrated! Stay hydrated in style with Ice Mountain Water! They have some amazing new flavors of water.
What are you excited about? Leave your comments below XOXO