Are you looking for something new to do this summer? Well I’ve got you covered. This weekend my family and I had a date night at Eckert’s Country Farm for their annual Summer Concert Series. This was the first time we’d ever gone, and I can assure you it won’t be the last time. Each weekend during the months of June, July, and August they have a different band with a different style of music. The night we went there was a jazz band, and it was enjoyable for the entire family. Exposing our kids to different types of music at an early age is part of our parenting strategy. We both love music and want them to be able to appreciate its beauty as well. We had such an awesome time, and here’s 5 reasons why you should go too:
1. You’ve probably never gone. This can be a great time to experience something new with friends and family. It’s pretty laid back. All you need is a lawn chair, or you can reserve a table. They are limited however, and they cost, but you get prime seating and chips +salsa — yum! Also, you will hear great music from talented musicians.
2. It’s free! That’s right. It’s free for the whole family. Now that’s what I call an economical date night.
3. The food is really good! You can not bring outside food, but don’t worry, because the food there is really good, reasonably priced, and there are healthy options as well. I had this chicken salad, and it was delicious and filling!
4. There’s an area for kids! When your kids get tired of sitting still, there’s a fun area next to the stage set up just for them. They can run around until they tire themselves out! Mine sure did!
5. Don’t forget about the custard! So we were actually really full and couldn’t fit the custard in. But from the looks of the people that were eating the custard, it seemed like it was really good! Next time we go, we’ll have to try the custard!
The Summer Concert Series is a fun time for everyone. Check the calendar here to enjoy free music and great ambience.
This post was sponsored by Eckert’s Country Farm.