It’s been a little over a week since St. Louis Fashion Week ended and I am still feeling inspired. From the St. Louis Fashion Blog Awards, shows, events for bloggers and the Midwest Fashion Conference, this STLFW was definitely one for the history books.
I was honored to host the St. Louis Fashion Blog Awards again this year, and this time it was outside in Grand Center. It was a beautiful night full of blogger babes and when I saw the beautifully bright STLFW logo shining on the wall in Grand Center I knew that this would be a fashion week to remember and I was totally right.
Last week the city was full of fashionable events and people at one time and there was a sense of unity that resonated in the heart of the community that St. Louis could.. No, already is a fashion city fashion.
I thoroughly enjoyed the blogger events and meeting bloggers from across the United States and watching the shows of some innovative new designers.
The week ended with the first ever Mid West Fashion Conference and I was so inspired that I have to stop right here and share with you my take aways from some of the best in the fashion industry !
1. “Be Nice” Fern Mallis creator of NYFW
2. “St. Louis has 250 years of rich identity and it should be celebrated” Stan Herman Designer
3. “We spend so much time trying to impress the coasts when we have a lot going on right here” Derek Blasberg -Harper’s Bazaar
4. “In New York we don’t wait for things to happen we make them” Fern Mallis
5. “In regards to blogging know exactly who your target audience is” Megan Zeitz TFD Diaries
6. “Keep reinventing yourself” Fern Mallis
7. “Know how to edit yourself” Atilio D’Agostino Alive Mag
These tips have reassured me, inspired me and have lit the fire of this new mom once again. So tell me, did you go to STLFW? Or what’s inspiring you lately?